Cockroaches are one of those household and yard pests that tend to make us all cringe. They like to hide near food preparation areas, in kitchen cupboards, under sinks, behind the fridge and anywhere that is dark and damp, such as drains and with easy access to food. No matter how clean your house, cockroaches will invade! Cockroaches on the Sunshine Coast can become a real infestation problem and if you see a cockroach or two, there is a good chance that there are many more about. Generally not seen during the daytime hours, Cockroaches like to forage under the cover of dark and they also can be the cause of or increase the severity of allergies. Zero Termite and Pest offer expert advice and support for the treatment of cockroach infestations.
There are three main types of cockroaches that you will encounter on the Sunshine Coast, these are American, Australian and German Cockroaches.
- The American and Australian cockroaches have wings and can fly into your homes at any time though an unguarded window or door. They like to breed in bark, leaf mulch and palm trees.
- German Cockroaches are much smaller than the two species, however, they are fast breeders. They are attracted to food scraps, dirty dishes and poor hygiene, however, they can have entered your home via a storage container or the likes of. These are commonly found in cafes, restaurants and bars.
Our Other Services:
It is often really difficult to eradicate entire roach colonies with home remedies. Zero Termite and Pest are trained in identifying where cockroaches may be nesting, and have tried and proven methods of treatment. They can be eradicated with gels, dust and chemical treatments.
Preventative suggestions for Cockroaches
- Keep bins clean and sealed
- Keep areas liquid and crumb free.
- Keep all food in air tight containers
- Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink over night
- Cockroaches love warm places so keep areas like underneath fridges and around electrical items like televisions clean and free from dust.
- Food and dust often collects in and around sofas, be sure to vacuum these areas regularly.
- Seal gaps around doors and windows.
- Fix all water leaks in and around your home.